Have a conscious living topic that you wanna share? We’re always on the look-out for new modern hippies to join our tribe! We publish content daily, so there’s always room for more new and exciting, hip eco-news!
- All contributors must be somehow actively engaged in work or a lifestyle that promotes health, peace, eco-consciousness, and environmental sustainability.
- There is no guarantee that your article will be published.
- A guest post is one that has been submitted by an eco-enthusiast who has not been compensated to write nor is he/she employed by a company or organization for which they are writing content. If you are an employee of or have been compensated to write content, your article would be considered a sponsored post.
- In any case, submitted content must be about a topic that is beneficial to our readers and does not solely endorse a company or organization. Should a company wish to submit an advertorial that showcases and/or endorses their company, product or services, affordable ad rates are available here.
- As of 10/15/12 sponsored posts must include a link to your company or organization’s sustainability policy. (If you were compensated to write an article, it’s a sponsored post.) Articles that do not include a link to a sustainability/environmental stewardship policy will be denied review and/or publication.
Contributor understands and agrees:
- to maintain a lifestyle that promotes health, peace, eco-consciousness, and environmental sustainability.
- his/her participation is voluntarily and does not include monetary compensation at this time.
- content will be edited for grammar, length and adherence to our Code of Coolness.
- posts/articles should not exceed 6oo words in length.
- video content should not exceed 6-8 minutes in duration.
- submissions should not contain more than two internal links to Contributor’s personal blog and/or company website.
- to disclose when an article/post has been previously posted on his/her blog or another website. Please include the link at the bottom of your article/post as follows: (Title of article/post linked to original post) republished with permission.
- to use only high resolution photos and images in articles/posts with a maximum size of 600px wide.
- to cite in article/post all photo credits and any applicable outside sources used in preparation of submitted content.
- all articles must be submitted to Managing Editor via email as a Word or Google doc.
- all photos must be submitted via email to Managing Editor as jpg or gif files.
- to never plagiarize*! If you are inspired by a blog on another site, put it in your own words. If you do copy word for word, make sure to use quotation marks and proper credit including a hyperlink. Submitted articles/posts must be comprised of at least 60% of original content. Writers who are found to be plagiarizing the work of others without giving them their credit will be flogged. (*A word about Plagiarism: Plagiarism is defined as, “the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one’s own original work.” - Dictionary.com).
- to grant the Editorial Team permission to syndicate your posts/articles on its sister sites and/or other blogs by which we have a collaborative agreement.
- subscribe to Modern Hippie Mag email updates.
- subscribe to comments for his/her published posts/articles to engage readers and keep the conversation/discussion going.
All Contributors agree and stipulate that he/she will not:
- be considered an employee of Modern Hippie Mag for federal income tax purposes.
- submit content that violates any criminal laws or any rights of any third parties, including, but not limited to, such violations as infringement or misappropriation of any copyright, patent, and/or trademark.
- submit content with the sole purpose of selling or endorsing a company or product for which he/she has been monetarily compensated without prior consent from the Managing Editor.
- accept any payment or gratuity in exchange for posting information in your articles/posts without the expressed consent/approval of The Tribe.
- use the Modern Hippie Mag logo or trademark without advance permission from The Tribe.
- misrepresent him/herself as an employee or official representative of Modern Hippie Mag.
Additionally, all Contributors agree to the following Code of Coolness:
- By submitting content to be published at www.ModernHippieMag.com, contributor recognizes and agrees that Modern Hippie Mag is a collective of free spirits and conscious living folk and a safe haven. He/she agrees to conduct him/herself with honor and integrity, and that he/she will endeavor to refrain from use of offensive speech and comments, acts of defamation of character, or other subsequent uncoolness.
Get to know The Tribe, here.
Help! I Need Advice About Guest Posting! is a good read for anyone considering becoming a guest contributor, but hesitant to take the plunge.