Albert Einstein said ‘Imagination is everything. It is a preview of life’s coming attractions.‘
You can’t get to a happy future if you can’t visualize what would a happy future entail for you.
Your vision should be based on your passions and values, not on someone else’s! Don’t limit yourself with society’s expectation of what happiness should be. Look within and find what makes YOU happy.
Number 1 Mistake That Doesn’t Let You Live The Life Of Your Dreams
One of the biggest mistakes that most adults make is that they forget how to dream. They complain about the present circumstances but they don’t imagine they ideal world either. As kids, we day dream and imagine. As adults, we frown upon life’s miseries and hope that someone in power will make our life better. So the biggest mistake is NOT CREATING DREAMS.
Creative an inspiring vision is important! Just think about this amazing quote from Dream Manifesto:
Think of it as ordering from the Cosmic kitchen of the Universe. When you go into a restaurant, you don’t want to tell the waiter that you want “food”. Most of us are much more definite than that. In fact, we generally don’t hesitate to tell the waiter exactly what we want, how we want it, and when we want it.
You have the power to bring forth into your life whatever you choose consciously. Think of your vision board as placing your order. Be clear about what you want, and know that what we have ordered will be delivered.
There are several ways to create an inspiring vision: you can write it out on paper, you can create a collage with pictures and magazine cut outs, or you can create it using Pinterest. There are some benefits of creating a vision using Pinterest:
- It is super easy. You don’t need to go through piles of magazines to choose the images that are attractive to you. All you need to do is to search through images already uploaded to Pinterest or upload the ones from your computer.
- You can update it whenever you want. We change and our desires for the future may change as well. Also, creating a great personal vision based on values and beliefs may take some time. It takes time to get to know yourself and re-introduce yourself to those things that are really important to your happiness.
- It is always there. It won’t get lost, doesn’t take up space, and always handy. Vision is effective only if you keep it current and also refer to it once in a while. To make the most of your vision and use it as a daily inspiration, you have to re-read it on a regular basis.
- It makes the vision more powerful. Image and pictures are more like to awaken strong emotions than just words. You should feel the feeling of having those things in the present. Feel the gratitude for having those things.
- It helps you to be limitless. Let your imagination go wild on Pinterest. Explore. Let yourself be inspired with other vision boards and beautiful pictures.
How to Start:
Creating vision is a combination of deep self-exploration and imagination. It is inspiring, re-invigorating, and exciting! Once you get clear on things that you would like to feel and experience in your future life, find images that reflect it online. Use Pinterest search, google search, image search, or upload from your computer. Find pictures that truly resonate with you and create strong emotions! Refer and update your vision boards regularly. Check out my inspiration board on Pinterest. Here are some examples of what a Pinterest vision board may look like Health and Wellness or Fit and Healthy.
A good vision should have a strong inspiring and energizing effect on you! If you are having trouble figuring out your values or creating a particular vision and you live in NYC, join me for 40 Day Journey to Bliss program.