I love fruit based desserts in the summer, full of natural, juicy sweetness! This is a quick and easy parfait that you can make with any fresh, ripe fruit that you have on hand. I used strawberries and kiwis for a bright & colorful combination. Layered with vanilla bean cream and sweet, crunchy pecans, this combination of flavors and textures is so yummy!
For the fruit:
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 kiwis, peeled, cut in half and sliced
*or any fruit combination of your choice
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts, soaked for 2-4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz water
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- seeds of one vanilla bean
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Place macadamia nuts, water, honey and vanilla in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth. With the blender running, add coconut oil and blend until just combined.
For the Pecan Crunchies:
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw pecans, preferably soaked for 4-6 hours and dehydrated for 24 hours until crisp
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
Mix honey, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Roughly chop the pecans either by hand or in a food processor. Keep them chunky. Add pecans to the honey mixture and stir well to coat. Sprinkle with coconut and mix well.
For each parfait, layer as follows:
1. ¼ cup strawberries
2. ½ of a kiwi
3. 2 tablespoons Vanilla Bean Cream
4. ¼ cup Pecan Crunchies
5. ¼ cup strawberries
6. ½ of a kiwi
7. 2 tablespoons Vanilla Bean Cream
8. garnish with any extra fruit
9. 2 tablespoons Pecan Crunchies
Enjoy with pleasure!
Natalia is the chef/owner of Glowing Temple, a raw and living foods inspiration, creation and education service based in Sarasota, Florida. She strives to create recipes focusing on local and seasonal ingredients and never compromises when it comes to organics. Natalia wishes to share the joy she has discovered through a clean, green diet. Recently, she created an organic live & vegan menu for Mi Pueblo’s University location. Find her on Twitter @NataliaKW and Facebook.